No more happy endings...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

:: RP Abandonnés
stranger danger || Jayden & Jack
Invité
Anonymous
Invité
Ven 10 Fév 2023 - 20:48

stranger danger

good evening

No ghouls, no witches here to scream and scare them or ensnare them. Only little cozy things secure inside their dreamland.

Jack ☽ ☉ ☾ Jayden
December 2022

However time had passed since he fell in the real world, Jack still found the concept of the subway absolutely marvelous and impressive. He always thought human people were quite inventive, fascinated by their inventions, their behaviors, the way they were able to change and adapt their environment - though, it is a shame they are unable to do the contrary -, bending nature and animals to their own free will. It took him some weeks or so to feel used to all of these “improvements”, but still, it remained overwhelming to him. All that noise, all those people…

But the quintessence of his wonders was, of course, Christmas. Human people seemed to love this holiday as much as he did, and he sometimes tried to bond with this new world as much as he could, talking about how marvelous Christmas is. They usually flew from him, avoiding his stare, trying to escape him and his strange obsession with such a childish center of interest. A grown man, rambling over and over again about Christmas ? How ridiculous. Sadly, Jack understood soon enough that he really didn’t fit here. That his very own personality couldn’t be accepted in this sad, sad world. He didn’t belong anywhere. Anyhow, he couldn’t allow himself to overfocus on these festivities over and over again. He had to find Sally. He had to try and look for Shock and Barrel, whom he also hoped they would be here, somewhere.

Jack felt lonely. Time flew by so fast. One year ?! Already ?! When Halloween came, he felt even sadder. It was weird for him not to prepare anything this year. Actually, he didn’t even celebrate. He just didn’t feel like it, understanding that it was useless to hold on to what he used to be. Day after day, he felt like wasn’t himself anymore. It just felt like the Pumpkin King was slowly, but surely, dying. Disappearing more and more as he fought to fit in this strange world.

Thus, he completely abandoned his elegant black suit for something… way more basic, not to say absolutely boring. That was the exact word, actually. Boring. Jack was wearing that stupidly boring outfit. By the way, everything felt boring ; this world, its people, their opinions… even their occupations didn’t attract any of his interest at all. Jack was bored. Bored by everything, even the things that he used to appreciate. Soonly, Christmas started to feel boring, too. And that is one of the saddest statements that he could make.

This very evening, in the subway, Jack had quite abandoned the idea of trying to force his own happiness. Just like everyday, he had gone outside to look for Sally, searching for any clue. Some days, he found some. These goddamn moth-shaped stickers… All he knew was that they were here, stuck around every corner of New-York City. It had to be her. But that was about all. Nothing else came, so he started going outside without any proper purpose or goal to achieve, which was horrifyingly sad. This very evening, he was sitting on a folding seat, trying to make himself smaller so as to not take too much space, but that exercise was quite difficult for him, regarding his height. Once again, it reminded him that he didn’t belong. That he literally didn’t fit. That he and his weird, long body didn’t have anything to do here.

And, as he was thinking about how he felt homesick, lonely and desperate, his eyes met with a strange silhouette. It was quite unusual, so he began to stare, his eyes wide open, wondering if he didn’t know that man. The stranger looked like one of those elves that he met in Christmas Town many years ago. That must be it ! For the first time since a few months Jack started to feel hopeful. He hoped that he just found someone familiar. A fragment of his own past. And he foresaw that he would be holding on tight to it. So, after staring for way too long, hoping the man would notice him, he started to wonder : “How is it possible that I didn’t see him blink, not even once ?” Then, he finally got up, sliding between the people standing in the car to reach the stranger, and softly patted his shoulder. He had so many questions to ask him, so many hopes, he just couldn’t wait any longer.

Good evening, sir !” he started, as the people around him turned to stare at him with confused faces. But he couldn’t really care less. Actually, Jack didn’t notice their glances at all as he was focusing on the elf. “I am very sorry to disturb and quite aware about the amount of work your kind is due to achieve before Christmas Day, but I just couldn’t let that chance slip through my fingers ! How is the Sandy Claws ? Do you, by chance, have any way to contact him or anyone from Christmas Town ?... Oh !” He blinked a few times, scratching his head as he realized that, in this world, he wasn’t recognizable at all. “I’m sorry, you must be so confused… I know I don’t look like it, but I am Jack ! Do you remember ? Christmas 93’ ? I’m sure you do !

@tiababylo

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Jayden Kang
Jayden Kang
Faith, trust and pixie dust
TALE STRANGERS
PHOTO D'IDENTITE : stranger danger || Jayden & Jack  4ldk
I'm so good at telling lies
That came from my mother's side

ÂGE DU PERSONNAGE : 25 ANS passé à fouler le goudron new-yorkais.
COTE COEUR : Le cœur palpite pour MALLY. À ses côtés, il réapprend ce que c'est que de s'engager, de nourrir des rêves d'avenir.
OCCUPATION : AGENT D'ENTRETIENT, l'odeur des produits ménagers qui collent à ses mains comme un mauvais parfums. MASCOTTE "DISNEY" à ses heures perdues, ambiance de folie dans les goûters des tout petits. SUPER DETECTIVE MYSTERE, il enquête avec Alice et Clawd à la recherche des chasseurs et de son père.
LOCALISATION : Entre les immeubles de BROOKLYN ou le ciel de PARIS.
HUMEUR : SOURIANT, ses états d'âmes bien dissimulés derrière ses yeux brillants.
COULEUR PAROLE : JAUNE (#ffc036) ou ORANGE (#f1A90c)
DOUBLES COMPTES : Oliver D. Deloir
PERSONNALITÉ & CRÉDITS : Conan Gray, avatar de moi-même. Gif signature de thatwasthenight thingschanged sur tumblr
MON ARRIVÉE : 20/12/2022
MON VOYAGE : 70
Mer 18 Oct 2023 - 21:39
stranger danger
ft Jack
December 2022

One could argue that there's always something going on in the underworld of New York’s subway.

And for some shoppers heading to the Atlantic Mall on that cold December day, this statement revealed itself to be especially true when they saw an elf rushing through the corridors, trying to cut corners and failing miserably, knocking up against walls and bumping into the unlucky few standing in his way instead. “Sorry! I’m so sorry!” he shouted, his voice muffled behind the mask covering his face. Angry remarks trailed off behind him as he ran away. Hey, watch out! Who’s this dude? No answer. Nothing but the chimes of the bell dangling at the end of the elf's hat. (ding ding ding)

It was Jayden.
Jayden gasping for air as he dashed down the stairs. Is this how I fucking DIE? Maybe. It was getting hot underneath his costume and his vision was so blocked by his mask that he wouldn’t be surprised if he found himself falling on the tracks by accident. But (un)lucky for him, the train was already waiting at the station. His heart skipped a beat when he heard the familiar “Stand clear of the closing doors!” coming out the speakers. No, no, no, no! And so Jayden darted to the train, recklessly sticking his arm and leg between the closing doors. Someone from the inside was kind enough to help him hop in as the doors briefly opened again. “Thanks…” he said between two breaths.

Thanks God.
He made it.

And while he could feel the many eyes of the commuters burning through his costume as he laid his back in the corner of the train, he could not really see them. Not with this mask on. The thing was, he couldn’t take it off, no, he needed his hands to slip his fingers under his mask and undo the thing that kept it attached to his head. But in order to free those hands, he had to take off the costume piece that covered his whole body, legs and arms first, which he would have done easily, if the zip wasn't stuck. For days he had been relying on fellow elves to free him from his costume, but today, he was so caught up in panic when he read Sofia’s text in the locker room, that he just left with his “work uniform”.

No one was supposed to leave fully dressed up.
His manager was going to kill him.

It didn’t matter, not at this moment. Jayden was fully focused on trying to use his phone despite his gloves. He struggled a few minutes before managing to open his messages and use the speech to text to answer:

message archive:

JAYDEN: Okay hold on I’m on the train
SOFIA: Make it go faster ffs
JAYDEN: If I was driving I would I ran
JAYDEN: I should be here in 15 min max

The phone screen turned off as he waited for an answer that never came. Okay. It’s alright. Everything's fine. I’m cool. But his heart disagreed, still beating at the speed of light against his chest. Sofia didn’t say anything, but there was this fear crawling in the back of his head, images of her lying down unconscious on the floor. Chill out, it’s not that and even if it was, you’re ready. The Narcan was in his backpack, he knew how to use it, he had read the Alcohol and Drug use : Prevent Overdose page on the NYC health website a billion times and he also knew how to do rescue breathing. She would probably be so pissed by it that she would wake up from the dead just to punch him.

So lost in his thoughts as he was, Jayden didn’t notice the man standing in front of him, nor did he see his hand reaching for him. The touch on his shoulder startled Jayden so much that a loud shriek burst from his lips: “AAAAAAH WOW, what the-” he stopped as he turned his head from right to left, then up and down. (ding ding ding ding) But he was unable to fully see the person that just touched him. Damn, this… strangely polite dude is tall.Hi…?” he answered, confusion breaking through his voice. That wasn’t the first time some random guy approached him on the train and that would certainly not be the last time. But what went on was truly something else. Wow… Jayden could only stare in bewilderment as the stranger started to talk to him in a way that made him feel like he was a character in Downton Abbey and not a stupid clown stuck in an elf's costume. And it kept getting weirder.

What in the fuck?
His kind? The Sandy-what-now?

Was this man really mistaking him with an actual elf? No, no way. However, he truly seemed to confuse him with someone else.“I’m sorry, you must be so confused…” Hell yeah. “I know I don’t look like it, but I am Jack ! Do you remember ? Christmas 93’? I’m sure you do!” What is he on about? Now, Jayden kind of wished he could see the people around him and lock eyes with someone else, maybe share a bombastic side-eye that would make him feel less alone in this situation. But no one was here to help him out. “I’m sorry, I wasn't born yet in 93… I was born in 98…” was the only answer that came into his mind. As if he would have remembered this Jack if he were born a few years earlier. Jayden couldn’t tell if this man was high, into some intense roleplay or just… an odd tourist. He decided to go with the latest and to pretend that nothing strange was going on there: “But if you want to meet Santa, I guess there’s like, Bryan Park’s winter village. It's pretty dope there, they got lots of cute little shops as well. And then there’s also Santa Land in Brooklyn's Atlantic Mall.” That's where he spent most of his days lately, under the white lights of the shopping centre, his head ringing with the noise of children, their screams blending in with Mariah Carey’s voice. He didn’t really mind, or so he pretended (the song is a banger and I've got some sick moves on it, I even won the last elf's dance-off). But he could still hear all the sounds throbbing in his ears every time he tried to fall asleep. “You'll find Santa chilling there every weekend and the whole week before Christmas as well, from 12 until 8 p.m.” He raised a hand, his index and middle finger up in a peace sign. “I just hope you don't mind kids screaming because you'll have to wait in line with all of them.” And maybe it was a good thing that his face was left unseen behind his masks, for Jayden failed to repress the smile that dawned on his lips. He didn’t mean to be mean, no, he just couldn’t help it. His imagination presented the scene to him with too strong colors.
BY CΔLΙGULΔ ☾ ICON kawaiinekoj
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Sauter vers: